Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Just a little update

I have NOT abandoned the blog!  I have just been a little busy & haven't gotten around to posting anything.  I started my new job at the bank last Monday so this is my 2nd week of work.  So far I like it a lot.  I work with a lot of other girls around my age & they have all been very friendly & helpful.  Having a job gives me something to do & has put me on a normal schedule.  I am just very eager to be trained so I can work on my own.  We found out today that our household goods will be delivered on Friday.  YAYY!!!! Finally, we will have our stuff.  We are both very excited about that & I can't wait to spend the weekend cleaning & unpacking & setting up the house.  Kolt has a friend from work that he hangs out with now.  They go fishing & hunting & sometimes when they go to the shooting range I tag along with.  Last weekend we went for a hike with Gunner & thankfully didn't see any bears.  Tourist season is over now.  The last cruise ship was supposed to come in last week but got cancelled due to weather.  October & November are supposed to be REALLY bad months for storms.  We actually experienced one last week.  It's pretty much like a hurricane.  The ocean was crazy with huge white caps & the wind was knocking down trees all over town & the power even went out.  So we have that to look forward these next 2 months.  We have already started losing 5 minutes of daylight every day, I'm not sure when we get to the  minimum amount of daylight though.  But when we do, the sun will come up around 10am & it will get dark around 4:30pm.  It only lasts for about a month & then we start gaining 5 minutes of daylight every day again.  We are still getting used to the prices around here.  A case of aquafina bottled water is about $10 & a 24-pack of mountain dew is almost $14.  On the bright side...... a bag of ice is only .99 cents, haha.  Pedicures are about $50 & buying clothing here is absolutely ridiculous.  Needless to say, I have begun my adventures of online shopping.  I'm getting used to the town & having a job has introduced me to the strange concept of "addresses" in remote villages, aka "the bush."  i.e:  The third house on the right with the blue door.  I will write again soon, just wanted everyone to know we are still alive & well.