Friday, September 16, 2011

Just our luck.....

When we dropped my car off in San Diego, they told us it should be here by September 13.  The 13th came & we still hadn’t heard anything, so I called the vehicle shipping office in Sitka.  They told me my car had been delivered 8 days before.  8 days?  Really?  Not that we desperately needed it or anything, but my car was sitting in town for over a week & I didn’t know about it.  The shipping company doesn’t have the customers contact info, so they let the military know the vehicle has been delivered & the military is supposed to notify us.  Shockingly, the didn’t.
Last week Kolt called the shipping company for our household goods & they informed him our stuff was still in Arizona.  Apparently they had some big fiasco that set them back but it should be picked up this week.  Kolt called Wednesday & our stuff was still in Arizona, but “scheduled” to be picked up.  So hopefully it was picked up Thursday, but with our luck probably not.
Kolt got paid on the 15th & I noticed the paycheck was the same amount it normally is.  Well, it shouldn’t be because we should no longer be getting San Diego BAH & we should be getting COLA for Alaska (2 different amounts.)  So I told Kolt to go to admin to check his pay & what do ya know?  Paycheck is messed up.  They paid him San Diego BAH & did NOT pay him COLA.  This means they overpaid him & the difference will be taken out of the next paycheck.  This could cause problems with his paychecks for a while since the military is infamous for screwing this stuff up.

On a brighter note…..

My car was not damaged in the move, it did have a few grease stains inside that were not there before, but I’m thankful for no damage.
On Wednesday I was offered the job that I interviewed for last week.  I start at the bank as a teller on Monday.  I will be full time & making just a little bit more than I asked for which made me very happy.   
Wednesday afternoon we took Gunner for a walk through an estuary.  There were little rivers that ran along the walking path with tons of salmon that were still alive.  (They are all dying right now b/c the salmon run is over.)  Kolt pulled a salmon out of the river & through it on the dock for Gunner & he went crazy.  He loved it.  He was very entertained with the fish flopping around but as soon as it stopped he wasn’t quite sure what to do with it.  I will try & post the videos I took of it.