Sunday, January 15, 2012

Update

We are still here, safe & sound, in Alaska.  Don't worry, we have not gotten snowed in either.  All the snow has been up north.  We did get a few inches a couple days ago, but nothing compared to the 15 feet Anchorage got a couple weeks ago.  Hunting season is over now so Kolt has been occupying his time with working on his boat & experimenting with deer meat & his new dehydrator.  We are slowly gaining more daylight, slowly being the key word.  It is still dark by 4pm but the sun seems to be coming up a little earlier.  This coming week will be my last week working full time & then I will start part time, 20 hours a week.  I will also be coming home for a 2 week visit on Feb. 19th - March 5th. while Kolt spends a week in Mississippi for C-school.  We have a Dr's appointment coming up for our monthly check up.  I hit 12 weeks last Thursday so I am moving into the final weeks of my first trimester & thankfully starting to feel a little better.  Not nearly as sick or as tired, but still having symptoms such as dizziness & headaches.  I am still not really showing, just barely, which I guess I should be thankful for since I will have plenty of time for that later.  Gunner is doing great, I think he has stopped growing & he will be 1 year old on January 28th.  He has become good friends with our neighbors dog, Tucker.  They like to play & run & jump on each other.  Tucker is smaller but a lot faster than Gunner so it keeps Gunner on his toes trying to keep up with him.  He is doing very good with his training & has learned some more tricks, our only problem area is keeping his attention when there are other dogs around.  Not much else to report on here but we will continue to keep everyone updated.