Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Days 4 & 5

Day #4:

Thankful for my dog, Gunner. Mine & Kolt's first "child", we got him when he was just six weeks old. Kolt has wanted a chocolate lab for a long time & I love how excited he was when he finally got one. Gunner has taught me patie
nce & helped relieve me of some of my compulsive cleaning habits. He has been a best friend to Kolt & I and comforted me through a very rough first winter in Alaska. He has brought us joy & laughter & entertains us on a daily basis. He is the greatest dog I could have ever asked for & I am so excited for Brinleigh to grow up with him.














Day #5:


Thankful for my Summer Infant Video Baby Monitor. Because without it, I wouldn't be able to accomplish my most recent feat of putting Brinleigh to bed at a specific time every night in her own room (Instead of whenever she falls a
sleep in her swing in the living room & then her waking up every time she hears a loud noise, & then having to risk waking her up again when I pick her up to take her upstairs when I go to bed). She is only 3 months old & is with me ALL of the time, except for the rare occasion when I run an errand or go to a doctors appointment & leave her at home with Daddy. Therefore, we (mostly I) have some attachment issues & do not like her being any place that I cannot actually see her. This monitor allows me to not only hear her if she cries but see her move, breathe, wake-up, etc. I do believe this monitor is helping me inch closer & closer to one day...... far, far from now..... letting her sleep in her own room by herself. Without me. But even when that day comes, I will still be able to see her :)