Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's hard to believe that February is already half way over.  This year is flying by and I am NOT happy about it at all.  Every month that goes by brings us another month closer to my little baby girl's first birthday.  Even though I get sad about how quickly she is growing, I am already planning her 1st Birthday Party, Thanks to Pinterest.  This party is going to be one of the most important to me and I want everything to be perfect.  Therefore, I am taking my time planning everything out.  And for those of you who do follow me on Pinterest, Brinleigh's 1st Birthday board is private so nobody can see any of it :o  It will be a surprise for everyone.  For Brinleigh's first Valentine's Day we didn't really do anything special.  She wore her Valentine's Day outfit and we did a little shopping for craft supplies while Kolt was at work.  This past week, Brinleigh and I secretly worked on a couple homemade gifts for Kolt when he went to work and we got to give them to him this morning.  I think he liked them and he took them to work to hang in his locker.  


Brinleigh is growing and learning so much these days and she is getting stronger and has more control over her movements now.  I got out of the shower a couple days ago only to see her sitting up in her bouncer.  Hmmmm..... Good thing she can't escape since she is buckled in but she probably tried with all she could.  This little girl does not like to sit still, unless she is sleeping.  She has figured out how to jump and likes to do it when we hold her on our laps.  She goes crazy playing in her exersaucer and when we lay her down in the play yard she is all over the place.  She isn't crawling yet, but she can roll, turn herself around, and somehow scoots herself but I haven't really figured out how yet.  I watch her but apparently she only likes to move when nobody is looking.  

We are still experimenting with baby food which Brinleigh absolutely loves.  We have to feed her one kind of food for several days or once and then wait a few days before introducing her to another to make sure she isn't allergic to anything.  So far she has had sweet potatoes and sweet potatoes and corn.  Tomorrow we will be trying some green beans.  As of right now she still gets oatmeal for breakfast and we are working on introducing the vegetables for dinner.  Once she has gone through all the different kinds of vegetables and we make sure there are no food allergies, then we will start introducing the fruits for breakfast. 

We have set up and established a daily routine which she took to almost immediately.  We started the routine to help with sleep training which didn't really consist of much training.  The first night I decided to leave her in her own bedroom for the entire night.  Usually she would sleep next to our bed in her bassinet, then I slowly worked up to letting her sleep in her room until she woke up in the middle of the night, then I would get up to nurse her and bring her in our room.  So the first night it took her about 15 minutes to fall asleep in her bassinet and she stayed in her room the entire night.  The second night she knew what was going on and she did pretty well with the bedtime routine.  She was waking up a few times throughout the night and so I decided that she was ready to start sleeping in her crib.  I think she was waking up because she wasn't comfortable and needed more room to stretch out.  She did great sleeping in her crib, she still woke up a few times for the first few nights, but then is slowly decreased to a couple times, and then only once.  
So....... we have a sleep trained, solid food eating baby with a daily routine.  YaY!