Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

I hope all the great Dad's that I know had a wonderful Father's Day.  We had an awesome day with Kolt celebrating his very first Father's Day.  We woke up this morning and after feeding Brinleigh her breakfast, I got her dressed in a special outfit that was bought just for today.  Then it was time to open his Father's Day gift.  Brinleigh and I got Kolt a Dewalt cordless drill, a drill bit set and a screwdriver set.  Kolt doesn't have any power tools and he recently told me that he wanted to start getting those as gifts.  You can't get any more manly than power tools for Father's Day gifts.  He loved his gift and can't wait to use it, which is probably a good thing since I already have a list of things for him to do with it.

Once the gifts were opened, we headed out to breakfast with a couple of friends.  It was absolutely beautiful outside and the weather temps were going to be in the 70's.  So after breakfast, we went home so Brinleigh could take a nap, Momma fell asleep too, and Daddy got to relax on the couch.  After we woke up and we were all refreshed, we decided to go check out the beach.  Sandy Beach is where people go to surf or where all the kids can play in the ocean when the weather gets really warm.  When we got there it was full of people sunbathing and splashing around in the water.  There were even some people out on a couple jet ski's.  I thought the water would be too cold for Brinleigh so we didn't put her in a bathing suit.  She again, was not a fan of the ocean, however, this time I sat her down on a beach towel and she crawled off of it and onto the sand.  When she touched the sand at first, she kinda hesitated and looked at her hand trying to figure out if she was okay with it or not.  After a minute or so, she went for it, crawling all over the wet sand.  She was a hot, sandy mess.





Once we got home, Kolt grilled some steaks, baked potatoes, and corn for dinner while Brinleigh had some spaghetti noodles, watermelon and then some of her usual baby food.  After our evening play time, Brinleigh took a bath and I thought it was only fitting to dress her in her camo sleeper since it was Father's Day.  It's probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen.  


Kolt and I ended our night on the couch, watching tv and relaxing with some lemon cupcakes that our neighbors (and new friends) had baked and then brought over to us.
An absolutely wonderful first Father's Day for the man we love so much, if I must say so myself.