Tuesday, July 2, 2013

11 Months

I can't believe that in less than a month our little love bug is going to be a year old!!!  She is learning a ton and growing so fast and we are loving every moment of it.  So now that Brinleigh is mobile, she also knows how to get into things.  Like the bathroom cabinets.  Last weekend Kolt baby proofed all the kitchen cabinets and was going to do the bathroom cabinets the next day.  Well that never happened.  I got tired of having to clean up this mess every day so I finally put the cabinet latches on tonight. 
  

I'm not sure why, but Brinleigh has some sort of obsession with the dishwasher.  As soon as she hears it open, you can hear her little hands slapping the floor as she scurries as fast as she can to the dishwasher.  And then she always wants to climb inside.



I think Brinleigh is saying "mama" but I'm not 100% positive yet.  When she is upset, crying, whining, etc. and wants me she says "mehmeh" or "mahmah" and so I respond "what" and she will calm down or come to me.  She is also understanding when I tell her "come here."  She is always right under me or wrapped around my legs when I am in the kitchen trying to cook or clean, but it is quite cute.
I am slowly feeding her more and more finger/table foods.  She gets spaghetti or macaroni noodles, cut up fresh fruit, macaroni and cheese, cheerios (soaked in apple juice because I'm still paranoid about her choking) and today we tried some noodles and soup.



Brinleigh is still obsessed with Gunner and she absolutely loves when he is anywhere accessible to her.  She gets excited and makes her noises and then crawls as fast as she can to wherever he is laying so she can crawl and climb all over him.


 Since Brinleigh loved to swing so much while we were in NC and the weather has been amazingly beautiful here, I decided to order her a swing to hang on the back porch.  She loves it.  Any day that it's not raining we try and spend at least a few minutes pushing her in it.  

We are currently at this stage where Brinleigh hates being laid down, whether it be for a diaper change or getting dressed/put in pajamas.  She has learned how to bend her body sideways making a C shape and locks up making it difficult to lay her down.  
She is also getting smart enough that when we take something away from her she will watch where we put it.  If it's low enough, she will crawl over to it and stretch her little arms as high as she can and try her hardest to reach the object.  This is how I learned that what I thought was high enough, really wasn't.