Monday, September 30, 2013

Busy, Busy Foreman's

Since I went back to work, our days have been...... busy!  Brinleigh wakes up right before I leave the house to go to work and when I get home from work, Kolt has to start getting ready to go to work himself almost right away.  I try to wait up for Kolt to get home but sometimes I end up falling asleep on the couch.  Between waking up early, taking care of the baby, keeping up with the housework, and working out... I am exhausted and ready to pass out by 10pm.  I will admit that it is nice being back at work.  I enjoy waking up with a purpose, actually showering and getting dressed in something other than yoga pants and tank tops, getting out of the house on a daily basis, and having adult conversations with other people.  Even if it usually consists of me talking about the baby.  The paychecks will be nice too and we are looking forward to having that extra money.
 
Kolt and I have gotten pretty serious about working out and trying to eat a lot healthier.  We are both working on our own individual goals to lose some weight.  I work out at home when Brinleigh is taking her afternoon nap and Kolt takes a sports lunch and gets to work out during his lunch break.
 
With our new plans to stay in Sitka for Christmas, I am entertaining myself with ideas and plans to make the Holiday season special for our little family.  I'm not sure if it's because we have a baby now or the fact that living in Sitka can be extremely boring.... especially in the winter time.... but I have developed an exciting urge to celebrate and decorate for every holiday possible.  Holidays are just so much more fun when you have kids to celebrate with and you get to start your own little family traditions.  
I have already ordered and received Brinleigh's Halloween Costume and I can not wait to see it on her.  There will be trick-or-treating downtown at all the local businesses, along with trick-or-treating within the community as well.  The Coast Guard Cutter Maple crew will be setting up a haunted house on the boat that will be open for one night to walk though and I'm still waiting to hear if the Air Station will be putting together a Haunted House inside the hangar like they did last year.  Kolt of course, has to work Halloween night.... AGAIN!  Ugh!  They have a plane down for heavy maintenance for the whole month of October so nobody can take leave.
We also have Alaska Day coming up in a couple weeks which includes a parade that the Coast Guard will march in.  These have become more fun now that Brinleigh watches and seems somewhat entertained by all the commotion.  So Brinleigh and I, along with our parade partner, Kate, will go watch the boys march downtown.
Thanksgiving will be celebrated as it has been for the previous two years that we have been in Sitka.  We will go all out, cooking our traditional Thanksgiving dinner and our friends Kate and Cooper will come over to eat and hang out.
I am planning a bake day with a couple of my close girl friends here in Sitka.  A few weeks before Christmas we are going to spend the day baking yummy Holiday treats while the husbands hang out and watch the babies for us.  We are also planning a Christmas dinner and gift exchange with our close friends.  Of course, I have already started making Brinleigh's Christmas Wish List on Amazon.com.