Monday, February 17, 2014

Love List

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I would update everyone on our current favorites here in the Foreman household.  So here is a list of the things Brinleigh is loving at the moment, along with a few of mine as well.

1.  Eating snow!  I took Brinleigh out to play in the snow for the first time this week and she figured out she could eat the snow.  And she REALLY like it!  I pulled her around in a sled and she just munched on a snowball the whole time.  Our little Alaska baby loves playing outside in the snow and throws temper tantrums whenever we try to bring her back in the house.


2.  Brushing her teeth!  Any time she sees Kolt or I brushing our teeth, she runs into the bathroom, stands on her tip toes while holding onto the counter and looks at her toothbrush.  She also insists on brushing her teeth herself and throws a tantrum if we try to do it.


3.  Reading Books!  She absolutely loves her books.  Although for some reason I have had to tape up four different board books this week alone.  I don't know if they are finally just falling apart from her playing with them or if she has been abnormally rough with them.  She already has this Love Bug board book  with finger puppet, which we absolutely love.  So for Valentines Day I bought her this Butterfly Kisses board book and finger puppet.  These books are fun and short and so cute!

4.  JJ Cole Toddler Bundleme.  We had a bundleme for Brinleigh's infant seat and living in Alaska, I absolutely loved having it.  I would say that living in a cold weather state, it is a necessity for winter time.  Because I loved the infant bundlme so much, I ordered the toddler size for the jogging stroller so that we could still get out of the house in the cold weather.  It straps into the stroller seat, so when I put her in the stroller I just zip it up around her.  It is much more convenient than using blankets mainly because the baby can't kick it off and it won't slide off the stroller or get stuck in the wheels.  It keeps her super warm even in the wind and cold temperatures.


5.  Gerber Fruit Squeezables.  These fruit pouches are life savers when we are on the go running errands or shopping.  Brinleigh can eat them on her own and she goes nuts over them.  I can't even let her see them unless I plan on giving her one or she will tackle me for it.

6.  Brinleigh's most recent favorite activity has been mimicking things Kolt and I do or things she see's on cartoons.  Henry Hugglemonster has taught her to stomp so now when we tell her "stomp, stomp, stomp" she stomps and jumps and says "sssttahh."  It's adorable.  We blow softly on her face and she see's our lips and try's to pucker her lips to blow back.  She hasn't quite gotten it down yet, but the face she makes is priceless.  We also let her give Gunner treats (dog biscuits) and we tell him to sit and stay so Brinleigh can walk up and give him the treat.  She hears us telling him to "stay" so now she will point at him and say "stayyy."  It's currently the only word she says clearly.

7.  Our newest stroller.  I had to replace my lightweight stroller that I keep in the trunk of the car and so I bought this Graco one and so far I love it.  Not only are the colors cute, but it's lightweight and all I have to do to fold and unfold is pull up on a strap that it located in the seat.  Brinleigh seems to like it too because it has a tray that I can put her snacks in.  Oh!  And the design we have is called "Lexi."
 
8.   Brinleigh's Scentsy Buddy.  She has several, but the one she is most attached to is Lenny the Lamb.  We call it "Lammy" and since she likes to sleep with it I try to only keep it in her crib.  Occasionally she will want to hang on to Lammy when she wakes up and if we are gonna stay upstairs we will let her walk around with him.  Last week however, Momma accidentally left the toilet seat up in the bathroom and while I was doing laundry, Brinleigh put Lammy in the toilet and then smashed her fingers trying to close the lid.  Mother of the year award right here.  Since I then had to wash Lammy and he wasn't done by bedtime, Brinleigh had to sleep with her monkey instead.