Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Our Weekend

The second herring season opener was on Sunday afternoon.  It was absolutely beautiful out and Kolt was with a friend so Brinleigh and I, along with my friend Kate, decided to head out and watch the boats again.  On the first day of herring season, as soon as Brinleigh and I got out of the car it started snowing raining raining snow? But Sunday, it was sunny and absolutely beautiful out.  We got a great parking spot on the side of the road right in front of all the boats.  We also had a group of sea lions who were hanging out by the shore the entire time we were there.
On our way back into town we stopped several times to watch whales and take pictures.  The whales were out EVERYWHERE!  They were all over the place, it was crazy.  Of course I can never be in the perfect spot at the right time for amazing pictures.  But I tried to do the best I could.  I'm a beginner with the whole photography thing and I'm still learning how to use my DSLR camera.