Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend was absolutely beautiful here in Sitka.  Kolt spent a good portion of Saturday and Sunday out on the water fishing while Brinleigh and I went walking and running around town.  On Monday we took a family walk into town to hit up a few Memorial Day sales, then we grabbed some Subway and went to eat lunch at one of the parks.  We had a BBQ at our house that evening with some neighbors and our close friends, Kate & Cooper.  Of course, I made my delicious white chocolate covered pretzels and I also attempted my first fruit pizza.  I wasn't too impressed with the crust so I think next time I will do something a little different.  But we had tons of food and I ate entirely way too much, but we had a great time and..... Kate and Cooper announced that "She said yes!"  Cooper proposed to Kate on Sunday and they surprised us by announcing it on cupcakes that they brought to the BBQ.




I tried to get a picture of Brinleigh in her cute patriotic outfit, but her friend Mary was over so she didn't have time to pose for pictures, they were too busy playing.