Monday, June 9, 2014

'Tis the Season

PCS season is finally upon us!  Last week was the beginning of transfer season here in Sitka, as new people are slowly starting to arrive and movers are packing up those who are leaving.  A good majority of Coasties who are transferring out are getting on the June 17th ferry and everyone else will follow behind shortly after.  Except for us! We will be staying to enjoy the entire summer in Sitka.  I like to think of Summer here as a reward for surviving the Winter season.  It really does make it all worth it.
As excited as I am to leave Alaska and to be able to explore our next city, I am actually getting pretty sad as well.  Just when I started to get a routine and found things I enjoy doing and making good friends, we have to leave it all behind.  Since having Brinleigh, I have become more social and outgoing and now that I have discovered things I am interested in, I am hopeful that I will make friends quicker at the next duty station.
As for us, the movers will be here to pack up the house on July 21st and 22nd, then they will load everything up on the 23rd and we will be getting on the ferry on July 29th.  I will be posting a calendar/ timeline of our travel plans when it gets closer to our PCS date.