Sunday, July 20, 2014

Quick Update!

It's crunch time people!  My house is complete chaos right now and the movers aren't even here yet!  We have approximately ONE day left until the movers arrive to start packing up the house.  I have been going non-stop, selling random items that I come across, organizing things the way I want them packed, packing our suitcases and separating things that need to go with us in the truck or that can be packed by the movers.  My to-do list is a mile long and I swear I'm busy all day, yet I have nothing crossed off my list.
The movers will be packing our house on Monday and Tuesday and then loading up everything on Wednesday.  On Monday I have to take my car to the barge lot to be shipped.  Brinleigh has her two-year check-up on Tuesday.  We check out of our house Friday morning and then Gunner has to go to the Vet's office Friday afternoon for his health certificate, which is required for him to get on the ferry.  This will also be my last week of the GRIT workout program that I've been doing so I will be going to the fitness studio every evening for an hour.  
As if I didn't have enough stress, I also realized a few weeks ago, AFTER our YN transferred out, that my military ID expired in May!!!  The new YN doesn't have her Captains approval to make ID's yet, therefore, I can't get a new one until she gets approval.  Cross your fingers that it happens this week, because I need a new ID before we leave Sitka.
With everything going on, Kolt and I have been super busy, however, we are both pretty emotional about leaving Sitka.  The move to Alaska has been Amazing for us, as a couple, as individuals, and as a family.  We are excited for the next adventure we are about the embark on, but we are also a little sad about leaving this one behind.