Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This was our 2nd Thanksgiving away from family, last year being the 1st since we stayed in San Diego.  Last year my dad came to visit us for the holiday, this year we had Kolt's friend Cooper come over.  Kolt cooked a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, & green bean casserole.  We also had cranberry sauce & rolls.  Kolt baked a homemade cherry pie & I made a pumpkin pie.  We also had an apple pie that I brought home from work.  Needless to say, we had A LOT of food.  Since Gunner is like our child, I of course insisted that he have a Thanksgiving meal as well.  He got to have a little bit of almost everything we had in his dog bowl & he got to eat at the same time as us.  I think he really liked it.  We ate early, around 1pm, & afterwards Kolt, Cooper, & Gunner all fell asleep in the living room.  It snowed most of the day & I decided to bring out all the Christmas stuff & start decorating the house.  This is when I discovered that I do not have enough shelving space for everything, but I managed to make it work.  I also got the Christmas tree up & decorated.  The only thing left is to put the lights up outside.  My favorite part of the day was skyping with my family.  It was so good to see & talk to everyone & feel just a little bit like we had our family with us.  In the evening we went to visit some of our friends who live on the other side of housing.  Overall, it was a very relaxing day.  We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!