Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Exciting Update!

I know, I know, once again, I've been slacking on the blog front, but I promise I have a good excuse.  WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!  I think all of our family knows so I figured it's safe to post it on here now.  So please forgive me for the lack of updates, but I have seriously been so tired & this past week very sick.  It has been very hard working full time when all I want to do is sleep & I haven't been able to eat much.  Food sounds so good to me, especially food I can only get in Tucson or the lower 48, like Chipotle, Eeggee's, Lucky wishbone, Olive Garden, & Casa Del Rio, however, when I do smell any kind of food or actually have a bite, it makes me sick.  I have been told this will pass & then I will eat a lot, but Sitka is not a good place for a pregnant woman.  There are no good restaurants here.  I usually go to work & then come home & go to sleep, I wake up to eat dinner & then go back to bed.  Some days when I'm off work I will sleep all day in the living room.  Thankfully, I have the most AMAZING husband to help me.  Kolt has been absolutely wonderful so far, picking up all of my slack around the house & trying to give me the things I need or crave.  He has been so patient with my out of the blue breakdowns over the fact that I can't eat or that I don't feel good.  We had our first Dr's appointment last week & I met my Dr & her nurse & I absolutely love them both & therefore will not be seeing any other doctors.  The Dr. thought I was about 8-9 weeks, so now I am roughly 9-10 weeks & possibly due around July 4th.  She tried to pick up the baby's heartbeat but since it was early, she only had it for a second & it was not something Kolt or I would have been able to hear & understand.  We have an appointment again next week to go back so she can try & monitor the heartbeat again.  I'm not sure what else they will do at that appointment.  I have not had any sonograms or ultrasounds or anything yet but I did do some blood work at the appointment last week.  They provided me with tons of information & resources as well.  My "morning sickness" didn't kick in until the day after the appointment but once it did, it didn't go away.  I haven't been getting sick I just constantly feel sick & therefore have not been eating a lot.  I have been trying all sorts of different suggestions & recommendations from the nurse & from friends & family as well.  On top of my constant nausea, I have a bladder infection, which is apparently common for pregnant women, & I now also have a bad cold.  Needless to say, I'm not a happy person right now, but I've been doing my best not to take it out on Kolt & I think I've done a pretty good job so far, haha.  The Dr did recommend that I get a flu shot since I am pregnant, even though I don't usually get one, now I'm just scared as to how my body will react to it & that it might make the nausea worse.  
So other than our pregnancy news, nothing much going on here.  We are getting ready for Christmas but there isn't much to do this year.  We are working on ordering & shipping gifts home for everyone.  We do plan on coming home next year for Christmas with the baby.  We had about 2-3 weeks of snow here, I think it was a total of 32 inches, but it hasn't snowed in about a week & it has been raining so most of it has cleared out, however, the ice was really bad right after.  I hope that some of you have been able to watch the Coast Guard Alaska show on the weather channel.  Tonight's episode had a Sitka search & rescue & I think the next few weeks will also be showing Sitka's air station.