Thursday, December 29, 2011

Baby Foreman

Last week I had a doctor's appointment for a check-up.  The Dr. had been trying for several weeks to hear the baby's heartbeat but couldn't get anything.  She was tracking me at 12 weeks as of last Friday, which she assumed just from info I had given her.  After yet again, no heartbeat, she sent me over for an ultrasound.  Almost immediately we heard a fast little fluttering heartbeat & saw our little baby on the screen.  It was moving a little which just consists of a little wiggle like motion right now.  The ultrasound tech measured the baby & told me I was 9 weeks & 1 day.  No wonder the Dr couldn't hear the baby's heartbeat.  The doplar that the Dr. uses usually doesn't pick it up until about 12 weeks.  So, we now have a much more accurate due date of July 26, 2012 & I am 10 weeks as of today.  They printed up a few pics for us but a couple were kinda blurry.  I am posting the best one.  The baby is upside down so the head is at the bottom.