Thursday, May 17, 2012

30 Weeks

Today I am 30 weeks pregnant & definitely starting to feel uncomfortable.  This past Monday we had an ultrasound done & got to see our little baby.  We confirmed yet again that it is definitely a girl, Thank the Lord.  I would have gone into an extremely dramatic panic episode if they told me any differently.  She is growing perfectly weighing about 3 lbs now & measuring at 30 weeks as of Monday, which was only a couple days ahead of the gestational age.  She is head down which explains why her feet are always in my ribs.  She was very active as usual & it was entertaining watching her move on the computer screen & being able to feel her at the same time.  At our 20 week ultrasound I was only barely starting to feel slight movements so when we saw her move on the screen I didn't feel much.  During the ultrasound we could see her opening her mouth & sticking out her tongue & she was touching her nose with her hands.  That same day we also started our first childbirth education class.  There are a total of seven couples in the class with Kolt & I being the only ones expecting a girl.  We learned about the end of pregnancy & what is happening with the baby & my body as I prepare to go into labor.  We also learned about the stages of labor, when it is safe to stay home & when we should prepare to head to the hospital.  And then of course all the details of the actual delivery process & the husbands/ labor coaches role during the process.  Since being pregnant I haven't had any weird or unusual cravings & the only food aversions I experienced was with red meat, mostly during my 1st & 2nd trimesters.  My latest obsessions have been brownies & coke, which is weird for me since I normally prefer Pepsi & don't bake brownies very often.  As of now I am baking a new pan of brownies about every 5 days & had to go buy a 12 pack of coke since we usually only have Mt. Dew in the house.  We also received GREAT news this week!  My mom wasn't going to be able to come visit when the baby is born, but Cordale managed to work some things out & as a wedding anniversary gift to my mom, he is sending her up to visit for about 2 weeks so she can see the baby when she is born.  We are very excited that both our mother's will be coming up to visit & will be here to help us with the baby in the first few weeks.