Wednesday, March 20, 2013

So Brinleigh has entered the "attachment phase" and is very weary of new people.  With our visit to North Carolina, being in a new place, surrounded by new people, and away from her Daddy, Brinleigh has become extra clingy to me.  She always has her serious face on around other people and she can stare you down like it's her job.  She is very interested in what is going on around her so she constantly watches everyone and she is absolutely fascinated with the other kids.  But I can definitely see a difference in her personality and I think it is a combination of everything going on and her missing her Daddy.  I show her pictures of him that are on my phone and she smiles and gets excited.  I can't wait for Kolt to come visit this weekend so she can see him.  

Brinleigh had a little bit of a stomach bug for a couple days this week.  Her first time ever being sick :(  She was throwing up everything I fed her and was on the verge of a fever so after a call to the doctors office, I started her on an all liquid diet for about 24 hours.  She was extra fussy and I could just tell that she was not my usual happy baby.  I started her back on oatmeal and she kept it down so we are now back to her regular feeding schedule.
                                              (My poor sick baby, I felt so bad for her.)

On a brighter note, Brinleigh and I have been able to do a little shopping, at Target of course and Walmart.  She is now big enough that I can use the grocery cart cover and she can sit in the seat.  Unless I carry her in the baby wrap, it's my only other choice if I need to push a shopping cart.  We didn't bring her infant car seat, which I usually just leave her in and then place into the grocery cart while shopping.  We are using one of KC's bigger car seat that stays in the car and can be rear or forward facing.  Brinleigh loves the big girl car seat and doesn't fuss or whine when I put her in it.  I guess I will be ordering her a convertible car seat as soon as we get back to Sitka.  Anyways, she loves sitting in the cart and being able to see everything and look around when we shop.  She also gets a lot of attention from fellow shoppers who stop to swoon over the abundance of cuteness that exudes this little love bug.  Yes, my daughter is adorable.  I know.  You're Welcome! 
                                      Just as excited as Momma to be shopping at a Target.

 
                                                                  Big Girl Car Seat

 
                                                              Shopping at Walmart.


                                                        Happy Girl before she got sick

                                                               Feeling much better!