Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Happy Easter!

A little late, I know.  But better late than never, right?
A few weeks ago we celebrated our first Easter with our little Love Bug and she got to enjoy her first Easter basket bucket.  Even though I had all of her Easter treats set out on the bed, she did find them on her own and commenced to dumping out her bucket and of course, finding the toys immediately.  As much as I hate to admit it, I completely forgot about getting pictures take with the Easter bunny.  KC and I just so happened to make a trip to the mall on Friday (two days before Easter) to do a little shopping and KC saw a sign and mentioned getting Tristyn and Grayson's pictures done with the Easter Bunny.  Doh!!! How did I forget about Brinleigh's first visit with the Easter Bunny.  So after venturing around the mall for a bit, we made our way to the Easter Bunny.  I sat Brinleigh on his lap and at first all she could do was stare at him.  She looked at me as if she wanted to say "Mom, what the hell is this thing?"  The ginormous flower on her headband was blocking her face so I had to readjust her and place her in the middle of his lap facing the camera.  All he had to do was wiggle and shake his hands in front of her face and she thought it was the greatest thing ever.  And so we have, yet again, my happy little love bug smiling big for the camera.      







This year, the Easter Bunny brought her:  A pink stuffed bunny, a couple books, a little pink ball, some duck bubbles, a cute turquoise onesie with a white swan on it, a "My First Easter" bib, some gerber graduate puffs (which she can't eat yet), and some little tipsy tumbling toy things, which were a huge hit.  She loved them.  Since she is semi-mobile now, I was sitting on the bed with her and as I was doing something else, she maneuvered her way over to her bucket and pulled it over.  Well since she found it on her own and emptied it, I might as well continue to let her explore her new Easter gifts.  So I called Kolt into the room and we just watched her become mesmerized with all the new goodies.





 

We had Easter dinner at KC & Tyler's house with some of the family and of course had an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos.  Brinleigh had a good time watching all of the kids run around the yard searching for the hidden plastic eggs.