Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rain, Rain.... Go Away!

We have been so spoiled with such amazingly beautiful weather this summer, so it was only a matter of time before the crappy rain came along.  This last week we were stuck inside because of the rain and so Momma had to improvise. 
I had ordered Brinleigh a couple of toys more suitable for her age, even though she still thoroughly enjoys most of the baby toys.  I didn't go overboard since her birthday is in just a couple of weeks, so I'm quite proud of the self control.  I bought her a little pink laptop which has some buttons and a mouse.  Each button does different things depending on which settings you have the laptop set on.  It makes noises, lights up, plays music, and helps to teach her shapes and colors.  I also bought her a picnic basket which came with four different shaped blocks which fit in their appropriate holes into the basket.  This as well, makes noises, plays music and teaches shapes and colors.  She has seemed to enjoy carrying each of these around the house and learning how to open and close them.  She also picks them up and throws them on the floor to get them to make noise.

A few days ago, I decided to give her an early birthday gift from her Grandma D, a little stuffed baby doll.  Brinleigh loved it!!!  Her eyes lit up when I gave it to her and she proceeded to carry (or drag) it all over the house for the rest of the evening.  She would give it to me so that I could love on it and hug it and then I would give it back to her.  She would stand up and dance with the baby doll and of course, throw it on the floor as well.