Friday, August 9, 2013

1 Year Photo Session

Brinleigh's 1 year and cake smash photos were taken this last week.  Our wonderful photographer ended up coming to our house so we did them all in our backyard.... super convenient.  It was also really sunny out, which made it warm enough that Brinleigh wouldn't be uncomfortable in the outfits I put her in..... or lack there of.  Brinleigh was cooperative for the most part, as usual.  She is a very animated little girl, so we always expect lots of smiles and funny faces.  Towards the end she started to get a bit fussy, I don't blame her.  Four outfit changes, Mommy constantly forcing headbands on her head (which Brinleigh hates right now) and then the bugs..... needless to say, she did great for what we were doing.  We saved the cake smash for last and of course that helped for a little bit.

The photographer brought a board to use as the floor of the photos & laid it in the grass.  We all know that Brinleigh HATES to touch grass so this kinda helped to keep her contained (since she's walking now).  When it was time for the cake, again, she daintily picked at the frosting so I had to go smash her hands into it.  That's all she wrote from then.... she was grabbing chunks of cakes and eating it like a pro.  

This was my second third second attempt at making her birthday cake (I still have two more to do for her Birthday party this weekend).  The first cake that I made for her birthday, was an eight inch four layer pink ombre cake made from white cake mix.  I also made a pink ombre whipped frosting.  This cake was a six inch four layer strawberry cake with white butter cream frosting.  I think this one was a hit so I will probably make this one again for her smash cake for her birthday party.  I also made the Happy Birthday banner cake topper, which I am extremely proud of.  (You will see more of my homemade birthday decorations once I post pics from her party.)

The pink quilt used for the background in some of the pictures was made for Brinleigh by her Grandma D's dear friend, Amy, and was given to her as a gift at Christmas.  The brown recliner chair was a Birthday gift from her Grandpappy Jim and Nana Lidia.