Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  We started our morning with cinnamon rolls for breakfast, as we do every year.  Since we spend a lot of time cooking on Thanksgiving, we like to keep breakfast simple yet special.  This was Brinleigh's very first cinnamon roll....... and she loved it!
 
We spent the afternoon with some of our close friends here in Sitka.  Kolt cooked a delicious turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing.  Our friends, Kate and Cooper brought over green bean casserole and a sweet potato casserole along with some rolls, and I baked a pumpkin pie and a cherry pie (Kolt's request).  I also made some cinnamon butter for the first time.  Everything was delicious!
 
 This Thanksgiving, I was excited about three things:
1.  Of course, eating all the delicious food
2.  Brinleigh's new Thanksgiving outfit along with some adorable little boots that I ordered for her.
3.  Brinleigh eating her very first Thanksgiving dinner.
 
Number one did not disappoint.  However, number two and three were a bust.  I have been obsessed with these little toddler moccasin type boots with tassels for Brinleigh. They actually have them in a women's size as well and I REALLY want a pair for myself.  In normal "Lexi fashion", I was planning on ordering both of our boots so we could match on Thanksgiving, however, Momma had to put her boots on hold.  Brinleigh's boots arrived the day before Thanksgiving, which I was very Thankful for, but of course, they didn't fit properly.  I ordered the next size up so she could wear them longer and they are very narrow shoes and we just couldn't get her fat little feet in them, so back to amazon they went.  The biggest disappointment however, was when I happily made Brinleigh her dinner plate, full of all the delicious Thanksgiving food.... and she wanted nothing to do with it.  I mean nothing!  She ate a few bites of the sweet potato casserole but not a bite of anything more.  Not even the rolls!  I was so sad that she didn't enjoy her first Thanksgiving meal.  But she does like pumpkin pie! (OH.... and marshmallows.)
   
Last Thanksgiving we were exhausted from taking care of a four month old baby, we didn't dress up and we looked like scrubs.  Not to mention that the month of November is "Movember" where Kolt takes it upon himself to participate in the "No-shave-November" tradition, so last year he had a stupid mustache on his face.  I was less than impressed with our first Thanksgiving family photo.  So this year I made it a point for us to not look like scrubs, shower and do something with ourselves, and take a decent family photo.  I even got Kolt to shave off his mustache!


  
I finished the evening with some online black Friday shopping and got all of Brinleigh's Christmas gifts taken care of.  This weekend ALL of the Christmas decor is going up, including the tree!