Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy New Year!

Another year gone and a new year to start fresh.  2014 is sure to be a very busy year for our family.

We have decided to make a list of our goals for this year and aim for accomplishing those rather than listing "resolutions".  I have even gone a step further, thanks to my obsessive compulsive perfectionism (is that a word?), and decided to make monthly goals for the year.  Of course, my list is a mile long and I guarantee I will add at least five more things every month that goes by.  I'm very ambitious when I'm laying on the couch not doing anything else.  It's a whole other story when it comes down to actually getting things done. 

Kolt's 2014 goals:  Make E5 and buy a bass boat.
Lexi's 2014 goals:  Get to my goal weight, start cooking more, create a financial budget and stick to it, start eating healthier, and keep more on top of my blog posts. 

The monthly goals are focused more specifically on Brinleigh and things I want to work on with her.  January's goal:  Get her completely off bottles.  She will be 18 months at the end of January and that is when I plan on packing up the last few bottles that we have sitting in the cabinets.  She really only gets one bottle a day and it is usually warm milk before bed.  The bottle before bed has been part of our bedtime routine for over a year and is now mainly a comfort thing.  So no more bottles after January.

 Since the monthly goals will most likely change.... often.... I won't post a list but I will write a post every month giving updates on what the monthly goal is and how it's going.

Other exciting things that 2014 will bring.....
Kolt will become a flight mech
Brinleigh's second birthday
Transferring out of Sitka and moving to a new state
Traveling.  Lots of traveling.