Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Baby Update

34 weeks

The pregnancy is still going smooth & we only have a little over a month to go, until the due date anyways.  I have a feeling Brinleigh is going to enter the world fashionably early, unlike her mother who is late to everything!  I have been sick for over a week now & went to see the doctor who told me I had bronchitis.  After prescribing some medicine & staying home for a few days & relaxing, I am finally getting over it.  The baby has been doing good though & will not be affected by anything.  We are slowly getting the last few things we need before the baby comes & getting her bedroom organized & put together.  One of my very dear friends, Stephanie, ordered us a car seat & once that arrived I went to work trying to figure out how to work everything.  I got the car seat base installed in the car along with the car seat, however, I'm not sure if it's in there correctly & so I will be making a trip by the fire department to have them check it some time in the next couple of weeks.  My belly is getting bigger, the back pain has surprisingly subsided, & my energy level has once again decreased dramatically.  I am sleeping a lot more again & tend to get heartburn in the middle of the night when I'm laying down sleeping.  Since the baby is getting bigger & she has less room to move around, I don't feel as much movement but I do still get an occasional nudge from her feet or handsThe braxton hicks contractions have also picked up quite a bit & I seem to be getting them much more often these days.  We are very grateful for the packages we have been receiving from our family & friends.  It is such a huge help & we can't thank everyone enough.  One of our most recent gifts was sent from my brothers Taylor & Keith & Taylor's girlfriend, Meghan.  They sent us a handmade quilt & pillow made especially for Brinleigh by Meghan & her grandmother.  It is extremely cute, super soft, & I am absolutely in love with it!